3rd Summer School on Argumentation: Computational and Linguistic Perspectives
Plac Politechniki 1
Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The Third Summer School on Argumentation: Computational and Linguistic Perspectives (SSA 2018) is a part of Warsaw Argumentation Week (WAW 2018). WAW 2018 includes COMMA 2018, themed COMMA workshops, and the 16th ArgDiaP conference and workshops with the possibility of reducing registration fees in the case of registering for more than one WAW event.
The school is being held in the days before the COMMA conference and will include tutorials from the conference’s invited speakers, as well as other leading academics in argumentation and linguistics. Moreover, we organise the Student Session which will consist of contributed talks (extended abstracts need to be submitted by 4th July), posters and discussions with mentors. The best contributed talk will be awarded a “Best SSA 2018 Paper Award”. There are also some social events scheduled for the duration of SSA 2018. Limited number of grants consisting of free registration to the summer school are available.
- Michał Araszkiewicz, Faculty of Law and Administration, Jagiellonian University Poland
- Katarzyna Budzynska, Centre for Argument Technology, Polish Academy of Sciences & University of Dundee Poland & UK
- Kamila Debowska-Kozlowska, Department of Pragmatics of English, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań Poland
- Marcin Koszowy, Faculty of Law, University of Białystok Poland
- Marcello D’Agostino, Department of Philosophy, University of Milan Italy
- Francesca Toni, Department of Computing, Imperial College London UK
- Barbara Dunin-Kęplicz, Institute of Informatics, University of Warsaw Poland
- Dariusz Kalociński, Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw Poland
- Dominik Sypniewski, Faculty of Administration and Social Sciences, Warsaw University of Technology Poland
- Andrzej Szalas, Institute of Informatics, University of Warsaw and Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Linköping, Sweden Poland & Sweden
- Patrick Saint-Dizier, ADRIA / ILPL, Institut de Recherches en Informatique de Toulouse France
- Manfred Stede, Discourse Research Lab, University of Potsdam Germany
- International Center for Formal Ontology, Faculty of Administration and Social Sciences, Warsaw University of Technology
- Bialystok University of Technology
- Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw
- Institute of Informatics, University of Warsaw
- Graduate School for Social Research (GSSR), Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Bartłomiej Skowron, Warsaw University of Technology (Chair)
- Magdalena Kacprzak, Bialystok University of Technology (co-Chair)
- Marcin Dziubiński, University of Warsaw
- Michał Federowicz, Graduate School for Social Research, IFiS PAN
- Joanna Golińska-Pilarek, University of Warsaw
- Paweł Łupkowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
- Marcin Selinger, University of Wrocław
This is a student event (e.g. a graduate conference).
July 20, 2018, 7:45pm CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?