CFP: 2019 University of Oklahoma Graduate Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: November 5, 2018
February 2, 2019
Department of Philosophy, University of Oklahoma
Norman, United States
The Graduate Students, Department of Philosophy, and the University of Oklahoma Minorities and Philosophy (MAP) chapter invite submissions to the 2019 University of Oklahoma Graduate Philosophy Conference on February 2, 2019.
Keynote Speaker: Kate Manne, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Cornell University
· Papers in all areas of analytic philosophy (extremely) broadly construed are welcome, but speakers might receive more informed feedback in the following areas: philosophy of religion, epistemology, ethics, aesthetics, and the history of ancient Greek and ancient Chinese philosophy.
· Papers should not exceed 3,000 words.
· Papers should be prepared for blind review. Please remove all identifying information, e.g., author’s name, institutional affiliation, etc.
· Submissions should include a separate cover page with the author’s name, institutional affiliation, email address, word count, and a short abstract (≤ 250 words).
· We especially welcome submissions from people in underrepresented groups of philosophy.
· Please submit papers in a standard format – .doc or .pdf - to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5, 2018. We aim to notify authors of accepted papers by the week of December 10, 2018.
· Each presenter will have approximately 25 minutes to present their paper followed by commentary from an OU graduate student and Q&A with the audience.
· Please direct all questions pertaining to the conference to the conference organizers at email@example.com, or contact the organizers directly (Cheryl Frazier- firstname.lastname@example.org; or Wenhui Xie- email@example.com).