20th Annual Pitt-CMU Graduate Student Conference (2019)
5000 Forbes Avenue
- University of Pittsburgh Philosophy
- University of Pittsburgh HPS
- University of Pittsburgh Center for the Philosophy of Science
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Call for Papers
The graduate students of the University of Pittsburgh & Carnegie Mellon University invite submissions to: The 20th Annual Pitt-CMU Graduate Student Philosophy Conference
Uncertainty and the Limits of Knowledge
To be held on March 16-17th of 2019 at Carnegie Mellon University
University of Colorado Boulder
Carnegie Mellon University
University of Pittsburgh
Submissions of high quality in any area of philosophy will be considered. This year we encourage papers focused especially on the topics of uncertainty and the limits of knowledge. This set of themes should be construed broadly and may among other things include uncertainty in epistemology and value theory, the limits of scientific inquiry, and formal models of uncertainty.
· All submissions must be prepared for blind review: The paper must have no identifying information and must include at the top an abstract of no more than 250 words
· Submitted papers must be no more than 4,500 words in length excluding references
· Submitted papers must be received as .doc, .docx or .pdf files no later than January 15th, 2019
Paper are to be submitted through the EasyChair site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pittcmu2019). More information about the conference can be found at https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/philosophy/pitt-cmu-grad-conference/ . Questions may be directed to PittCMUConference@gmail.com
This is a student event (e.g. a graduate conference).
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?