Bergen Workshop on Logical Disagreements
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
BERGEN WORKSHOP ON LOGICAL DISAGREEMENTS
University of Bergen, 28th-29th May 2019
· Roy Sorensen (Washington University, St. Louis)
· Catarina Dutilh Novaes (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
· Catrin Campbell-Moore (Bristol University)
Call for papers:
We invite submissions for 45-minute presentations, with additional time for discussion, on the broad topic of logical disagreements, addressing questions including, but not limited to:
· Are logical disagreements possible?
· Are there distinct types of logical disagreements?
· Can logical disagreements ever be resolved?
· How have historical logical disagreements been resolved?
Submissions should take the form of anonymised 1,000-1,500 word abstracts, and be sent to [email protected] by the 8th March. Contact details, including paper title, affiliation and email address, should be submitted as a separate PDF. All submissions will be blind refereed.
The workshop has no associated registration fee, but speakers will be required to fund their own travel and accommodation.
An early-career masterclass on logical epistemology will immediately follow the workshop, from the 30th-31st May, for which a separate call will appear.
· Deadline for submissions: 8th March, 2019
· Communication of acceptance: 18th March 2019
· Deadline for registration: 15th April 2019
· Workshop: 28th-29th May 2019
For any queries, contact Ben Martin ([email protected]).
The workshop is organised as part of the European Research Council-funded project The Unknown Science: Understanding the Epistemology of Logic through Practice.
April 15, 2019, 8:00pm CET