Suffrage and Democracy
McEachern Art Center
332 2nd Street
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Georgia Philosophical Society Annual Meeting 2020
We welcome papers in any area of philosophy, but are particularly interested in papers that engage the theme of “Suffrage and Democracy” in any of a wide variety of ways. In observance of the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage in the U.S., we invite contributors to consider presenting on topics in political philosophy, feminist philosophy, and gender studies including, but not limited to:
· Voting rights and access, e.g: current debates about voter registration or about the disenfranchisement of groups such as immigrants and ex-felons
· Democracy in general, e.g.: democratic vs. other forms of government; the ethics of representative government; the duty to be informed.
· Gender or sexuality issues, e.g.: persistent problems of gender or sexuality inequality and subordination, or intersections among gender, sexuality, and other identities.
Georgia Philosophical Society 2020Meeting:
· When: Saturday, February 22,2020
· Where: Mercer University (Macon,GA)
· Length of papers: 3000words max
· Submission deadline: Monday, December 30,2019
Submissions from graduat estudents are welcome. Please send papers prepared for blind review by Monday, 12/30/2019 to email@example.com. Authors with papers that have been accepted will be notified by 1/15. If you are interested and willing to provide a commentary response to a paper atthe conference, please email your name and general areas of interest.
The Georgia Philosophical Society values and welcomes diversity in its membership, its conference presenters and attendees, and the subject matter of its presentations. The Society encourages participation in all of its activities by as diverse a group of faculty and students as possible. https://sites.google.com/site/gaphilosophy/
February 12, 2020, 12:00pm CST
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?