SPEAKING BODIES Embodied Cognition at the Crossroads of Philosophy, Linguistics, Psychology and Artificial Intelligence
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
he assumption that cognition is fundamentally linked to the body and to the environment is recognized more and more as a possible key to understanding the human mind. In order to think or to speak, one must possess not only the capacity to use one’s intelligence, but also the ability to use the body in a certain way. The present conference aims at thoroughly analysing the link between cognition and the body; and, as a starting point in our discussions, we propose the critical orientation of Embodied Cognition. Inspired by this approach, we strongly encourage inter/multi-disciplinary approaches.
Scholars, both junior and senior, from domains such as philosophy, linguistics, psychology, neuroscience, anthropology, and artificial intelligence/robotics are invited to present original theoretical and empirical research papers that discuss any aspect of Embodied Cognition, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Philosophical basis of embodied cognition (e.g., phenomenology, pragmatism, etc.);
- Post-cognitivist approaches in psychology (e.g., embodied cognition, situated cognition; distributed cognition, extended cognition, embedded cognition);
- Phenomenology of embodiment;
- Embodied language acquisition and processing;
- Body and language/speaking in the psychoanalytic tradition;
- The embodiment of abstract thinking;
- Enactivist approaches in psychology, philosophy and other fields;
- Skills, abilities and dispositions;
- Performance studies in arts, sports and other areas;
- Embodied learning;
- Embodied emotions;
- Artificial intelligence and embodiment (machine learning, robotics);
- Multimodal approaches in linguistics and anthropology;
- Gestures and language;
- Dynamic systems approach;
- Complex systems, collective intelligence;
- Epistemology and methodology of research in embodied cognition;
- Neurocentrism in the age of embodied cognition;
October 1, 2019, 7:45pm EET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?