CFP: St Andrews Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: December 15, 2019
February 29, 2020 - March 1, 2020
St Andrews Philosophy Society, University of St Andrews
St Andrews, United Kingdom
The University of St Andrews Philosophy Society is accepting submissions for the inaugural Annual St Andrews Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, taking place at the University of St Andrews on Saturday 29 February and Sunday 1 March 2020.
We are delighted to have two excellent philosophers as our keynote speakers:
- Alison Duncan Kerr, Research Fellow at the Department of Philosophy, University of St Andrews and Director of the St Andrews Institute for Gender Studies
- Samir Okasha, Professor of Philosophy at the University of Bristol and President of the European Philosophy of Science Association
We are looking for Philosophy essays in a broadly analytic style that:
- Are written by undergraduate students of philosophy
- Are between 2,000 and 5,000 words long, excluding bibliography and abstract
- Include an abstract of no longer than 350 words
- Are written in standard academic English
- Are anonymised for blind peer-review
Student talks should last between 30-40 minutes, and will be followed by a short commentary by a St Andrews postgraduate student and a Q&A session.
Please send your submissions by the 15th of December 2019 23:59 GMT. Late submissions will not be considered. We are aiming to respond to all applicants by the 15th of January 2020.
Submissions from students from underrepresented groups in philosophy are strongly encouraged. We hope to be able to cover travel costs up to a fixed amount per person. All participants will be offered accommodation with St Andrews students.
Submissions should be sent to our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading all your submissions.
The organising subcommittee