2nd International Conference Modern Culture and Communication, MCC-2020
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The purpose of the conference is to discuss topical issues of cultural transformation in the context of developing ways of communication, which are the product of the modern information society. The target audience includes researchers of trends in the development of various aspects of the culture of modern society, university professors, employees of research organizations, graduate students and students.
In 2020, the main topicof the conference is "Biography and memory of culture". The social significance and relevance of this topic is due to the need to understand the processes of globalization, the crisis of historical consciousness and the need to develop new predictive approaches to the study of forms of cultural identity. The conference will discuss the results of the following studies: cultural memory, identity, biography as a form of expression of cultural memory in a holistic communicative space of modern culture. The proposed topic reveals the features of the processes of identification and self-identification in modern culture, their connection with the preservation and translation of cultural memory, as well as the role of modern forms of communication in these processes.
It is proposed to participate in the discussion of the following main thematic areas:
- (Auto) biography VS history
- Biography and narratives of cultural memory
- Event biography: existential-phenomenological dominant
- Biography: between the sacred and the profane/biography and hagiography
- Biographical landscapes and places of memory
- Biographical topos in the modern media space
- Communicative dominant of modernity and the processes of mindfulness
- New forms of representation of identity
- Biographical method as a mechanism for the transfer of the cultural code
- Time and memory in a situation of hyper-reality
- Communication and identity in the era of post-reality
In addition to the main topic, the conference program includes the following areas of research:
- Culture in the Modern World
- Problems of Cultural Development in Philosophical Interpretation
- Aesthetics of new media
- Cross-Cultural communication
- Modern Methods and Approaches in Cultural Studies
- Modern Art Object and Communication
- The Life World in the New Paradigm of Communications
- Globalization / Anti-globalization Processes and the Networked World
- National Reservations and Policy Asymmetry
- Terrorism and Territory
December 25, 2019, 9:00am MSK
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?