CFP: 26th ISAPS (International Society of African Philosophy and Studies)
Submission deadline: May 19, 2020
May 19, 2020 - May 20, 2020
Department of Philosophy, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa
The Department of Philosophy at the University of the Witwatersrand is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for the 26th Annual International Society for African Philosophy and Studies (ISAPS) Conference, to be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 19–20 May, 2020.
We invite abstract submissions for papers within all areas of African philosophy and African studies, but particularly encourage submissions that address the themes of:
· racism and xenophobia,
· sexual/gender identities,
· justice and resource distribution,
· politics of inclusion/exclusion,
· tradition and modernity,
· marriage and family.
These themes should be addressed in relation to African philosophy and African studies.
To submit an abstract, please email the following two documents to the local conference organisers at email@example.com
1. An anonymised 200-300 word abstract (in word document).
2. A cover page with the author(s) name, institution, and contact email address (in word doc).
The extended deadline for submission is 15 January, 2020.
Delegates whose abstracts are accepted will be required to pay a registration fee (conference fee & ISAPS membership fee) of $150.
Papers presented at the conference will be invited for submission for a special edition/volume of the conference proceedings, following a process of full peer review. Details will be confirmed later.
Keynote speaker: Prof Floretta Boonzaier (Psychology Department, University of Cape Town)
· Abstract extended deadline: 15 January, 2020
· Notification of acceptance: 15 February, 2020
· Conference: 19–20 May, 2020