CFP: Prometheus Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: January 31, 2020
April 11, 2020
Prometheus, the International Undergraduate Philosophy Journal at Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, United States
Prometheus is a national undergraduate philosophy journal published by students at Johns Hopkins University. The purpose of the journal is to promote philosophical discourse of the highest standard by offering students an opportunity to engage in open discussion, to participate in an academic conference and in the production and publication of an academic journal, and to establish a community of aspiring philosophers.
This year, Prometheus will be accepting submissions for its online journal through January 31st, 2020, with decisions to be expected by early March, and publication occurring the following fall. Individuals may submit multiple pieces to Prometheus and are welcome to submit those pieces to other publications. However, individuals may only accept publication at one journal. Please inform Prometheus as soon as your paper has been accepted elsewhere.
Each spring, Prometheus also hosts a conference at Johns Hopkins University for undergraduates from around the country to share their research. This year’s conference will be held on Saturday, April 11th, 2020. All submissions will be automatically considered for acceptance to the conference as well as to the journal.
Please make sure to follow all of the directions stated below if you are interested in submitting one of your philosophy papers to Prometheus.
Deadline: Friday, January 31st, 2020
Prometheus accepts undergraduate papers on all philosophical topics. Essays written for classes, honors theses, and independent work are welcome. Multiple submissions are allowed, but you may only accept publication at one journal.
Please make sure to read and follow all the submission requirements. We cannot guarantee your paper will be read if you fail to follow all the requirements:
1. You must be an undergraduate or a graduating senior.
2. You may submit multiple pieces to Prometheus, and you are welcome to submit those pieces to other publications.
3. Submissions should written in 12-point font, should be double-spaced, and should not exceed 6,000 words. Submissions must have proper citations in MLA format. Essays must be the original work of the author.
4. Submit an electronic copy of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org in either .doc or .docx format. If your paper relies on figures, images, or any similar media, please send all such files as their own attachments, not simply embedded in the document.
5. Please include a short (100-200 words) abstract at the beginning of your paper.
6. In a separate document, please include a cover page with the following information:
b. University or college
c. Major or degree
d. Year of expected graduation
f. Phone number
Do not include any personal information in the paper itself.
For any other inquiries about submission or the publication status of your essay, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you and we look forward to reading your papers.