CFP: Science, Faith and Society conference
Submission deadline: April 30, 2020
MTK - BTK - Lendület Morals and Science Research Group organizes a two-day international conference on Michael Polanyi’s philosophy of science, religion and society. The conference will be hosted by Research Centre for Humanities, Institute of Philosophy, Budapest in November 2020.
Venue: 4 Tóth Kálmán st., 1097, Budapest
We are seeking original abstracts of proposed talks (30-45 mins) on the following interconnected topics covered by Michael Polanyi’s book Science, Faith and Society:
- The republic of science: Michael Polanyi on academic freedom
- The role of tacit knowledge in Polanyi’s social philosophy
- Moral inversion and totalitarianism
- Scepticism and the fiduciary basis of science
- Faith and the transcendental values of free society
- Spontaneous orders in economy and society
Please submit an abstract (max. 600 words) that includes affiliation and contact information by the 30th of April to the organizers: Péter Hartl (email@example.com) or Gábor Bíró (firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected participants will be notified by the 20th of May.