CFP: IAPh 2021: Defining the Future, Rethinking the Past: Women Philosophers on Economics, Technology Environment and Food
Submission deadline: April 30, 2021
July 18, 2021 - July 21, 2021
Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists, Paderborn University
Call for Papers
XXVIII. World Congress of the International Association of Women Philosophers
IAPh 2021: Defining the Future, Rethinking the Past
We thank everyone who has submitted a paper for the upcoming World Congress of the International Association of Women Philosophers. We would like to inform you that we are currently planning a hybrid event. This will involve certain parts taking place in person and other parts only online via a conference portal. We are also happy to announce that we extended the deadline for some submissions and workshops until the 30th of April 2021 and have added a section on COVID-19 and philosophy.
For more than 40 years, IAPh has encouraged and promoted women’s research in philosophy. We are a global network for all women who work in philosophy. IAPh covers all philosophical disciplines, feminist philosophy as well as the history of women philosophers. The slogan of our 2021 conference encourages contributions on philosophy of economics, environment, the history of philosophy, and technology and seeks to assemble the ideas of women philosophers on the most challenging questions of our future.
Main themes of IAPh 2020 are philosophy of economics, technology, ecology, and the history of philosophy.
We welcome submissions for the following sections:
1. History of Philosophy (submissions closed)
2. Philosophy of Economics
3. Environmental Philosophy
4. Philosophy of Technology
5. COVID-19 and Philosophy
We also encourage submissions for these workshops:
1. Die IAPh - Ihre Anfänge (in German)
2. Women Philosophers' Presentation on the Digital World
3. German Idealism and Feminist Philosophy
4. South-east European Women Philosophers
5. Feminist and Decolonial Strategies for the Teaching and Promotion of Philosophy
6. Diotimas Begehren - Musse als Dialogkultur auf dem Digitalisierten Campus? (in German)
8. Diana Tietjens Meyers on Automomy (submissions closed)
9. Women Philosophers in the Arab World (submissions closed)
10. Philosophy and the Problem of Superiorism (submissions closed)
If you would like to present a paper at the IAPh 2021, please submit an abstract of 500 words (max.) per participant plus title page with author details and the section to which you submit your abstract (e.g., section 3: Philosophy of Technology) and a short CV as PDF to email@example.com
Please indicate whether your submission is for a workshop or a section. Sections are thematically open, whereas workshops are dedicated to a specific topic.
Conference venue: Paderborn University, Paderborn, Germany/ Online
- IAPh-members 65 € (reduced fee 30 € for students etc.)
- IAPh-members online 10 € (reduced none)
- non-members online 20 € (reduced 10 €)
- non-members 100€ (reduced fee 50 € for students etc.)
Ø Conference dates: July 18-21, 2021
Ø Conference venue: Paderborn University, Paderborn, Germany, Hybridevent
Ø Deadline for all submissions: April 30, 2021
Ø Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2021
Please check our webpage for more information:
IAPh Board 2018-2021: Chris Sanchez, Madrid ES; Mary Ellen Waithe, Cleveland/Washington US; Xiao Wei, Beijing CH; Karen Green, Melbourne AUS; Kim Hei-sook, Seoul KR; Christina Schües, Lübeck GER; Cintia Martinez Velasco, Mexico City MX; Martina Reuter, Jyvaskyla FN; Ruth Hagengruber, Paderborn GER.