CFP: Philosophy, Art(theory), and Literature
Submission deadline: March 22, 2020
Labyrinth: An International Journal for Philosophy, Value Theory and Sociocultural Hermeneutics is a philosophical and interdisciplinary double peer-reviewed journal with an international board of outstanding scholars. It is published in a printed and an open access version. Its 2020/1 issue is focused on the subject of “Philosophy, Art(theory), and Literature”. From special interest for this issue are papers on the following topics:
· Esthetical and ethical values in philosophy and the arts
· Phenomenological, hermeneutic, analytic, feminist, and deconstructivist approaches to art and literature
· Receptions of philosophical ideas in literature, painting, photography, theatre, film etc.
· Philosophical theories of art (aesthetics), art history, and art theory: specific differences and interrelations
· Philosophical ideas and art critique: interconnections and conflicts
· Art creation, crafting and esthetical perception/values
· Philosophical language and art language(s)
· Imagination, creativity and metaphors in philosophy and the arts
· Gender representations in the arts and art theory
· New media art as a challenge to epistemology and aesthetics
Other topics are also welcome.
Researchers working in the field of Philosophy and Art Theory are invited to submit a brief abstract untill the 22 of Mars 2020. Authors who have already a finished unpublished paper are welcome to submit it within the abstract in order to help the peer review and the publishing process. Papers in their final form, i.e. proof read and formatted according to the journal guidelines should be submitted no later than 31 of July 2020.
Also welcome are book reviews, interviews, and event reports.
As a multilingual Journal Labyrinth accepts papers in English, French, and German. For more information about the journal policies and the submission's guidelines please visit: http://www.axiapublishers.com/ojs/index.php/labyrinth/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
All abstracts and papers should be sent to the Journal Editors: labyrinth[at]axiapublishers.com