Science, Faith, and Society
4 Tóth Kálmán st.
- MTA-Lendület Morals and Science Research Project
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
MTK - BTK - Lendület Morals and Science Research Group organizes a two-day international conference on Michael Polanyi’s philosophy of science, religion and society.
The conference will focues on the following interconnected topics covered by Michael Polanyi’s book Science, Faith and Society:
- The republic of science: Michael Polanyi on academic freedom
- The role of tacit knowledge in Polanyi’s social philosophy
- Moral inversion and totalitarianism
- Scepticism and the fiduciary basis of science
- Faith and the transcendental values of free society
- Spontaneous orders in economy and society
Confirmed speakers include: Martin Beddeleem, Gábor Bíró, Agnes Festré, Christopher Goodman, Andrew Grosso, Tihamer Margitay, Phil Mullins, Daniel Paksi, Stephen Turner.
The conference will be hosted by Research Centre for Humanities, Institute of Philosophy, Budapest on the 5-6th of November 2020.
Venue: 4 Tóth Kálmán st., 1097, Budapest
Organizers: Péter Hartl (email@example.com) or Gábor Bíró (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?