CFP: Warsaw Spacetime Conference 2020
Submission deadline: May 24, 2020
September 3, 2020 - September 4, 2020
International Center for Formal Ontology, Warsaw University of Technology
Please send a single pdf file with a 500-800 words abstract blinded for review plus a cover page including the author's information (affiliation, email address) to [email protected] before May 25th, 2020. Abstracts should be suitable for a 30-minute talk. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of June.
Silvia De Bianchi (Autonomous University of Barcelona)
Daniele Oriti (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)
Tomasz Placek (Jagiellonian University)
Karim Thébault (University of Bristol)
Antonio Vassallo (Warsaw University of Technology)
The conference goal is to bring together philosophers and physicists interested in the conceptual issues surrounding spacetime physics broadly construed, from classical mechanics to quantum gravity. The topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- The ontology of spacetime from classical mechanics to general relativity and beyond.
- Recent theoretical developments in the field of quantum gravity.
- Approaches to quantization in shape space physics.
- Black hole physics and its philosophical implications.
- Historical aspects of the development of spacetime theories.
- General relativity and particle physics: unification perspectives.
- Causation in spacetime physics.
- The dark matter vs. modified gravity controversy.
- Metaphysical foundationalism vs. coherentism under the light of quantum gravity.
- Epistemological challenges in devising empirical tests for quantum-gravitational effects.