CFP: American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly--Rising Scholar Essay Contest
Submission deadline: September 1, 2020
The American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly (ACPQ)
is pleased to announce its eighth annual Rising Scholar Essay Contest
Any scholar who will not have attained the rank of associate professor by September 1, 2020 is invited to submit a paper that contributes to the development or elucidation of the Catholic philosophical tradition.
The award for the winning paper will be $3000 and a free one-year membership in the American Catholic Philosophical Association (ACPA). The winning essay will be published in the ACPQ and specially designated in the journal as winner of the contest.
Select Contest Rules:
· Papers must be submitted electronically to https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/acpq no later than 5:00 pm (CDT) on September 1, 2020. The cover letter field of the Details and Comments section should indicate the author’s academic rank as of September 1, 2020 (e.g., “Ph.D. candidate”) and that the submission is for the essay contest.
· Papers must be prepared for blind review and should be of the length, format, and style characteristic of ACPQ articles. Participants should consult a recent edition of the journal or the ACPQ “Article Submission Guidelines” at http://www.pdcnet.org/acpq.
· No author may enter more than one paper in the contest.
· Entering a paper in the contest constitutes agreement by all of the paper’s authors to its publication in the ACPQ should it be accepted for that purpose; such agreement is not contingent on the paper’s winning the contest. Papers entered in the contest must therefore not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
· For complete contest rules, please consult www.stthomas.edu/philosophy/acpq/essaycontest.html.
Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the complete contest rules available at