Asking and Answering. Rivalling Approaches to Interrogative Methods
- Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Each time that Plato made his Socrates initiate a philosophical conversation, everywhere throughout the medieval disputations, and also in the philosopher's day-to-day struggle questions are a central tool. But there is no unifying philosophical framework for the categorization, formalization and regulation of questions, although there have been numerous offers. This conference/workshop addresses the justification and comparison of different approaches to question. In particular, the participants strive to
- formulate general problems for a formal treatment of questions,
- compare different frameworks for formal questions with regard to how they categorize and formalize questions,
- compare different frameworks with regard to how they regulate the practices of asking and answering,
- investigate specific kinds of questions and how they can be treated in a given framework, and
- situate the activities of asking and answering in a wider framework of cognitive discourse.
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME
September 16, 2020, 8:00am CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?