CFP: Understanding Value IX goes online
Submission deadline: October 3, 2020
December 9, 2020 - December 11, 2020
Department of Philosophy, University of Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
We are happy to invite abstracts of 500 words prepared for anonymous review to Understanding Value IX (organized by PG students at the University of Sheffield, UK), to be held online from the 9th-11th December 2020. Deadline for submissions is the 3rd of October, we anticipate informing applicants about our decision by 3rd of November. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we've originally planned to hold our conference in July, but had to postpone due to Covid-19, we realize that some might have already sent us abstracts. We will still consider them if people want, and will be in touch with applicants directly about this.
Understanding Value IX is the ninth instalment of a highly successful postgraduate conference at the University of Sheffield that aims at cultivating postgraduate work on value in a welcoming and inclusive space. As such the University of Sheffield and the organisers of Understanding Value highly encourage submissions from members of underrepresented groups in philosophy. At Understanding Value we are interested in papers addressing issues pertaining to value broadly construed. Value permeates many questions in philosophical discourse and as such we welcome papers from any area of philosophy for consideration.
We invite submissions from those who are currently postgraduates at any level, or from those who have completed a PhD less than two years before the conference date. Speakers will be allotted 20 min for their presentations, followed by 10 min of questions.
- Please submit abstracts of 500 words or fewer. Prepare your abstract for blind review (i.e., remove all content that may identify you as the author), and send it to email@example.com
- Our submission deadline is the 3rd of October 2020. We anticipate informing applicants about our decision by 3rd of November.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a cover sheet, attached as a separate file, which provides the author(s)'s name(s), email address(es), institutional affiliation(s), and the title of the proposed paper.
- The organisers are eager to assemble a demographically diverse program. To aid in this endeavour, if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in professional philosophy and wish to identify yourself as such, please include this information on your cover sheet as well.
- Both files must be in one of these formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .txt.
- There is a limit of one submission per author.
Other information: We are anticipating to be able to provide childcare bursaries for those who need them, as well as any necessary accommodations for disabled conference participants (e.g. handouts and papers will be made accessible in advance and subtitles will be available). More details will be available closer to the conference date.
Registration will be available on Eventbrite closer to the conference date https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/understanding-value-ix-online-tickets-119423712539
This conference is kindly supported by WRoCAH, Mind, SAP, Analysis and BSHP.