CFP: An invitation to contribute to a special issue of Diametros “Setting Priorities in Health-Care.”
Submission deadline: March 6, 2021
The Editorial Board of Diametros invites all those interested in research on theories of distributive justice and fairness to contribute to a special issue of Diametros. We will consider two kinds of contribution:
- commentaries on the recent work “Setting Health-Care Priorities” by Torbjörn Tännsjö (all those interested in obtaining a PDF copy of Tännsjö’s book for a review are asked to send a request via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org);
- independent research articles focused on the problem of resource allocation in health-care.
Contributions to the special issue may be addressed to different problems, from metaethical ones, through those associated with general normative theories of justice, to papers addressing particular dilemmas concerning the distribution of health-care resources in different fields of health-care. The editorial board would especially appreciate contributions touching upon the most current problems, such as those associated with the SARS-COV 19 pandemic:
- triage challenges,
- human challenge clinical trials,
- distribution of ventilators,
- criteria for futile treatment,
- macro allocation of resources,
- mental care during the pandemic,
- vaccination distribution models.
Of special importance is also the discussion of ethical theories such as egalitarianism, prioritarianism, utilitarianism and sufficientarianism. The deadline for submission is the 6th of March 2021. Manuscripts (both: commentaries and original research articles) should not exceed 40,000 characters and should be prepared in accordance with our guidelines, which may be found here: https://diametros.uj.edu.pl/diametros/about/submissions. All authors are asked to indicate when submitting their text if it should be considered a contribution to the special issue. The issue will be published in June 2021, however, all accepted texts will appear in our early view mode before this date.
We are proud to mention that Bob Goodin is among the contributors to the special issue with his commentary “Setting Health-Care Priorities: A Reply to Tännsjö” (https://diametros.uj.edu.pl/diametros/article/view/1597). Moreover, we would like to emphasize that Diametros is the best general philosophy journal in Poland (according to SJR rank), and is also indexed by Web of Science. We publish all articles without charge in open access form.
With warm regards,
Dr Piotr Grzegorz Nowak
Diametros Editorial Board