CFP: 12th Summer School in Political Philosophy and Public Policy
Submission deadline: May 30, 2021
July 15, 2021 - July 17, 2021
CEPS - Centre for Ethics, Politics and Society
Among the questions we are particularly interested in debating are the following:
- What is exploitation? Is exploitation always unjust? How to distinguish exploitation from other forms of moral wrongdoing?
- What taxonomy of exploitation can we identify in capitalistic and socialist regimes?
- Are new forms of exploitation essentially distinct from traditional forms of exploitation?
- Which are the forms of labor most affected by current forms of exploitation? How can decommodification mitigate individuals’ exploitation in the labor market
- How can policies of predistribution and/or redistribution address issues of exploitation?
- Can egalitarian policies mitigate exploitation, and if so, which ones are the most effective?
- Can exploitation happen in an egalitarian society, and what can we do about it?
- What is the role of the law in perpetuating inequality and exploitation, especially through financial markets?
To submit the proposal, please access the summer school's website, to know more.