MANCEPT Workshop - Global Justice beyond States?
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Global Justice Beyond States? is a panel at the 2021 MANCEPT Workshops in political theory. It seeks to explore the value of state-centric responses to global issues in both theory and practice.
Registration is required; info can be found here: https://estore.manchester.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-humanities/school-of-social-sciences/mancept/the-mancept-workshops-in-political-theory-2021
Schedule (all times BST)
Wednesday 8 September: Panel 1, States and migration
- 12pm-1pm: Yuan Yuan, "When Immigration Law Is Unjust but Legitimate"
- 1pm-2pm: Eilidh Beaton, "Internal Displacement and State-Centricity"
- 2pm-3pm: Juliette Monvoison, "John Rawls and Transnational Migration Justice"
Thursday 9 September: Panel 2, States and internationalism
- 2pm-3pm: Mike Gadomski, "Internationalism and Political Normativity"
- 3pm-4pm: Jelena Belic, "The State's Right to Withdraw from International Organizations: A Restricted Account"
- 4pm-5pm: Tadhg Ó Laoghaire, "Inward Internationalism"
Friday 10 September: Panel 3, States and non-state actors
- 3pm-4pm: Therese Boje Mortensen, "The Marketisation of Human Rights Duties: What Happens to a Right When the Duty Bearer Is Not (only) the State)"
- 4pm-5pm: Benjamin Gregg, "The Human Rights State as a Means to Global Justice beyond Nation States"
- 5pm-6pm: Ben Hale and Kenneth Shockley, "Risk Management: The Illusion of Control in Indeterminate Systems"
August 20, 2021, 11:45pm BST