“Going up?” Realisation and Composition across the Sciences
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
All welcome! Attendance is by Eventbrite registration only:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/going-up-realisation-and-composition-across-the-sciences-tickets-150751330287
Full line-up and abstracts are available on the Metascience project website:https://metascience.xyz/racats
13:30-18:00 (please note that the conference time zone is BST).
- Keynote talks are 30 minutes followed by 30 mins Q&A.
- Submitted talks are 30 minutes followed by 20 mins Q&A.
We aim to facilitate socialising on Zoom during and after the conference with potential for topic-related breakout rooms during breaks.
Questions can be emailed to: [email protected]
- Dr Eleanor Knox (King's College London) – TBC
- Prof Olimpia Lombardi (University of Buenos Aires, CONICET) - About the relationships between chemistry and physics
- Prof Sandra Mitchell (University of Pittsburgh) - Are emergent phenomena real?
- Marta Conti Lorenzo (King's College London) - From Large Sets of Moving Particles to Thermodynamic Systems: a Case Study of Metaphysical Dependence Relations in the Sciences
- Gregorie Dupuis-Mc Donald (University of Salzburg) - Going around? Causal loops and multiscale coupling in complex systems of international migration
- Dr Alexander Franklin & Dr Katie Robertson (King's College London & University of Birmingham) - Emerging into the Rainforest: Emergence and Special Science Ontology
- Dr Margarida Hermida (University of Bristol) - Composition at the Same Level
- Niccolo Negro (Cognition and Philosophy Lab, Monash University) - The emergence of consciousness as Integrated Information
- Quentin Ruyant (Universidad Complutense de Madrid) - What kind of explanations are reductive explanations?
- Roope Ryymin (King's College London) - Can the world be composed of its fundamental constituents?
- Hamed Tabatabaei Ghomi (University of Cambridge) - Irrationality suggests indecomposability. Indecomposability implies emergence.
- Michael te Vrugt (University of Münster) - The Mereology of Thermodynamic Equilibrium
We look forward to welcoming you! - The MetaScience Team
This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, grant agreement No 771509.
June 15, 2021, 9:00am BST