24th Annual University of Kentucky Philosophy Graduate Student Workshop
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Issues of Complexity
Keynote Address: “Antireductionism Has Outgrown Levels” Dr. Angela Potochnik, University of Cincinnati
The University of Kentucky’s Philosophy Graduate Student Association invites graduate student paper submissions on the topic of complexity.
We are especially interested in papers that employ concepts and/or modeling strategies from complexity theory to address issues that arise in either philosophy of science or social philosophy. Papers employing complexity theory to topics outside the scope of those subdisciplines are also welcome.
The workshop is intended to bring together a small group of graduate students working on related issues to engage, discuss, and improve their drafts. Each participant should expect to receive substantial feedback as well as provide it.
- Papers should be of a suitable length (
- Two separate documents must be submitted:
1) paper prepared for blind review;
2) cover letter containing: a) name, b) institutional affiliation, c) email address, d) title of paper.
- The two documents should be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf form to [email protected] with the subject line “2022 Workshop Submission.” Submissions due: Friday, January 7th, 2022 (results announced in early February)
This is a student event (e.g. a graduate conference).
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?