Contemporary Issues of the Relationship between the Positive and the Normative in Economics & Philosophy
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Research Seminar at the Collège International de Philosophie (Paris)
Contemporary Issues of the Relationship between the Positive and the Normative (between Description, Evaluation, and Prescription) in Economics & Philosophy
1. Séance d’introduction : les enjeux contemporains du rapport positif/normatif en économie, 15 October 2021, 6pm - 8pm (Paris time) (Zoom)
2. Daniel Hausman (Rutgers University), 17 November 2021, 4pm - 6pm: Economics: A Science of Values (Zoom)
3. John Davis (University of Amsterdam and Marquette University), 03 December 2021, 6pm - 8pm (Paris Time): Economics as a Normative Discipline (Zoom)
4. Johanna Thoma (London School of Economics), 21 January 2022, 6pm - 8pm (Paris Time): The Positive/Normative in Behavioral Welfare Economics (Zoom)
5. Agnès Grivaux (Université de Nantes), 17 February 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Le positif et le normatif dans l’héritage marxien de l’école de Francfort
6. Emmanuel Picavet (Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne), 10 March 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Le positif et le normatif dans la théorie de la justice de Rawls
7. Marc Fleurbaey (Ecole d'Economie de Paris), 31 March 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Efficiency, Equity and Equality in Economics (in English or/ou en français)
8. Fabrice Flipo (IMT BS / Université de Paris), 21 April 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Enjeux positifs et normatifs de l'économie écologique
9. Muriel Gilardone (Université de Caen Normandie), 12 May 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Le positif et le normatif chez Sen et dans la Capability Approach
10. Huei-chun Su (Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin School), 02 June 2022, 6.15pm - 8.15pm (Paris Time): Normative Economics and the Art of Political Economy (Zoom)
The first session on October 15 will be in French and on Zoom. Sessions by Daniel Hausman, John Davis, Johanna Thoma, and Huei-chun Su will be in English and on Zoom. The other sessions will be held in French and in person, in Paris.
All those interested will be able to attend the sessions. In order to attend the sessions on Zoom, please use the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/my/sina.badiei
In view of the limited number of persons allowed in the audience for the sessions taking place in Paris, please send your contact information and your institutional affiliation to the following address, so that you can be added to the list of participants: [email protected]
Those interested in the seminar should contact the same address, so that they can be provided, for each session, with additional information and possible modifications.
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?