CFP: AAPT 23rd Biennial International Workshop-Conference on Teaching Philosophy
Submission deadline: January 21, 2022
July 27, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Westerville, United States
The AAPT is a collegial community of engaged teacher-scholars, dedicated to sharing ideas, experiences, and advice about teaching philosophy, and to the support and encouragement of both new and experienced philosophy teachers. We are inviting proposals for sessions at the 2022 International Workshop-Conference on Teaching Philosophy.
Interactive sessions related to teaching and learning philosophy at any educational level are welcome. We encourage creative approaches to individual or panel workshops on:
- Innovative and successful teaching strategies, course/assignment design
- How work in other disciplines can improve the teaching of philosophy
- Innovative uses of instructional technologies
- Teaching in non-traditional settings
- Methods to improve student learning
- Professional issues connected to teaching
- Diversity and Inclusion in our classrooms and discipline
This year’s highlighted topic is: (Re)Newing Communities
- Meeting head-on the challenges to our communities, both those created by the pandemic and those that it merely laid bare
- The role of joy, hope, gratitude in building and sustaining communities
- Creating communities that are more inclusive and just
- The classroom as a community
Proposals should include:
- Session title
- Length of the proposed session: 30 minute session, 60-minute session, 90-minute session.
- 100-200 word abstract suitable for the conference program.
- 1-3 page description of session goals and interactive design, planned handouts, etc.
- A list of relevant sources.
To facilitate anonymous review, no identifying information should appear in the proposal. Please include contact information for each presenter, including institutional affiliations, in the email or on a separate cover sheet.
Send submissions, via email, to Jane Drexler, [email protected] by Friday 21 January 2022
For more information, see https://philosophyteachers.org/cfp-2022-conference