Wittgenstein and Classical German Philosophy
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
We are glad to announce the workshop “Wittgenstein and Classical German Philosophy: Self-consciousness and Self-reference” that will take place at the University of Barcelona from 21 to 23 September 2022.
Like the previous conferences “Wittgenstein and Hegel: Reevaluation of Difference” (TU Dresden, 2017), “Hegel and Wittgenstein: Negativity and Language” (Charles University in Prague, 2019), and “Wittgenstein and Classical German Philosophy” (University of Warsaw, 2021), the workshop in Barcelona aims to foster a dialogue between the Classical German Philosophy and the Wittgenstein scholarship.
The workshop focuses on two topics of utmost importance in the German Philosophical Tradition from Kant to Hegel and from Hegel to Wittgenstein: self-consciousness and self-reference. However, we would also like to cover these topics in the immediate criticism of Classical German Philosophy, especially in Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Marx.
- Self-consciousness in Wittgenstein
- Self-reference in Hegel
- The use of “self” in Hegel and Wittgenstein
- Fichtean and Schellingian topics in Wittgenstein
- Dialectical reading of Wittgenstein
- Wittgenstein’s reception of Hegel through Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Marx.
Abstracts (ca. 300 words) of presentations (30 min + discussion) should be sent to [email protected] by the 8th June 2022.
Abstracts should be prepared for double-blind review. We kindly ask you to remove any personal information from the abstract and send the author’s name, paper title, and affiliation in the body of the email. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by June 15, 2022.
The workshop will be held mainly in English, but we accept contributions also in German and Spanish.
Scientific organizers: Alexander Berg (University of Zurich), Denis Kaidalov (Charles University), Jakub Mácha (Masaryk University), Bruna Picas (University of Barcelona), Ricard Sapena (University of Barcelona), Thomas Spiegel (Potsdam University)
With institutional support of:
- ‘Hegel en perspectiva’ (University of Valencia) https://hegelenperspectiva.wordpress.com/
- Forschungskolleg Analytic German Idealism (University of Leipzig) https://www.fagi.uni-leipzig.de/
- German Philosophy Lab (University of Warsaw) https://deutschephilosophie.wfz.uw.edu.pl/
Funded by the Research Council of the Spanish Government (Project no. PGC2018093363-B-I00)
Who is attending?
3 people are attending:
Will you attend this event?