CFP: Synkrētic: The Journal of Indo-Pacific Philosophy (Issue №2)
Submission deadline: May 27, 2022
Synkrētic (ISSN 2653 4029) is an Australian journal of Indo-Pacific philosophy, literature & cultures, a product of the not-for-profit Irukandji Press. It is an outlet for thought-provoking writing on the diverse philosophical traditions of East, Southeast, South Asia, and Oceania.
Issue №1 featured 41 thinkers from 15 countries including Australia, NZ, PNG, Fiji, Solomon Islands, the Philippines, Indonesia, China, and India. The journal is available on the website (www.synkretic.com) and in print on Amazon, Book Depository, Booktopia, and Barnes & Noble.
Submissions are being sought for Issue №2, forthcoming in June 2022.
● Essays (3,000-6,000 words). These are Synkrētic’s flagship pieces. Essay writers in issue №1 include prominent Aboriginal, Māori, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese and Indian philosophers.
● Stories (≤ 8,000 words). This category includes short stories and excerpts from longer works of fiction, oral history and any stories written, recorded, and spoken by Indo-Pacific storytellers.
● Responses (800-1,600 words). Responses are succinct reflections on a question that varies with each issue. Responses in issue №1 featured Filipino philosophers. By invitation only.
● Translations (≤ 8,000 words). Translations are original to Synkrētic and can be in any format. Issue №1 featured the first English translation of oral history from Vanikoro and Tikopia, Solomon Islands.
● Notes (300-3,000 words). All shorter formats, e.g. reviews of books, literary works and translations, letters to the editor, commentaries on pieces in previous issues, and interviews.
Submissions are due on 27 May 2022 to [email protected]