Love and its Objects
Pardubice 530 02
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Organised in connection with the new edited volume on the philosophy of love and friendship
Love and its Objects. What Can We Care For?
(edited by Christian Maurer, Tony Milligan and Kamila Pacovská)
- Katy Abramson; Adam Leite (Indiana University): Self-hatred and Self-love
- Aaron Ben-Ze'ev (University of Haifa): Ain't Love Nothing But Sex Misspelled? The Difference Between the Objects of Romantic Love and Sexual Desire
- Jan Bransen (Radboud University Nijmegen): Loving a Stranger
- Daniel Gustafsson (The University of York): The Love of Art
- Tomáš Hejduk (University of Pardubice): What Did Socrates Love?
- Magdalena Hoffmann (University of Bern): Loving Friends, Partners, Children. Why Relationship Structure Matters
- Angelika Krebs (University of Basel): Dialogical Love
- Michael Kühler (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster): Loving Persons. Activity and Passivity in Romantic Love
- Christian Maurer (University of Fribourg): On 'Love at First Sight'
- Tony Milligan (University of Aberdeen): Animals and the Depth of Love
- Kamila Pacovská (University of Pardubice): Loving Villains
- Elizabeth Drummond Young (University of Edinburgh): Love Reveals Persons as Irreplaceable. Related Themes From Raimond Gaita and Jean-Luc Marion
Attendance is free of charge. For registration and accommodation assistance please e-mail Kamila Pacovská ([email protected]).
Organisers: Tomáš Hejduk, Kamila Pacovská. Workshop language: English. Web:
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?