CFP: III Colombian Conference on Logic, Epistemology, and Philosophy of Science
Submission deadline: November 15, 2013
February 12, 2014 - February 14, 2014
Universidad de Los Andes & Universidad del Rosario
CALL FOR PAPERS
The conference is a biennial forum for new work in all areas of analytic philosophy, with special emphasis on logic, epistemology, and the philosophy of science. The growing participation of philosophers from around the world allows speakers to present their work to an international audience, and it provides participants an opportunity to become acquainted with recent developments in the field. Suggested topics include:
1. Logic, philosophy of logic, history of logic, logic and language.
2. Formal, Bayesian, evolutionary, moral, feminist, android, naturalized, legal, and social epistemology; scepticism; reliabilism; foundationalism; coherentism; fallibilism; belief revision; epistemic virtues; internalism vs. externalism.
3. General philosophy of science.
4. Philosophy of physics, mathematics, biology, cognitive science (including philosophy of mind), and the social sciences.
5. History and sociology of science.
Please submit an abstract in Word, PDF, or RTF format. The abstract should be between 500 and 1000 words, and it should outline the main argument of the paper. The time allocated for selected presentations is 40 minutes, including discussion. The languages of the conference are English and Spanish.
The submission deadline is November 15, 2013.
Accepted abstracts will be announced on December 1st, 2013
Abstracts of contributed papers should be submitted to: [email protected]