London WC1E 7HU
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
What is the nature of representational content? Can a naturalistic theory or account be given of the content of mental representations? This conference will take stock of the new wave of work on that issue. There will be a particular focus on some of the simpler systems whose operation has been well-characterised by psychology and cognitive neuroscience. Topics to be addressed include:
- What role if any do functions play in fixing representational content?
- How should such functions be characterised?
- What is the role of ‘exploitable relations’ in fixing content?
- What makes something a cognitive map?
- What is it for an organism or system to make use of a cognitive map?
May 18, 2016, 5:00pm BST
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?