Inclusion and Exclusion in Philosophy
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
20-22 June 2017
Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
*Topic and aim*
Specific social groups are underrepresented in many academic disciplines, including philosophy. The overall aim of the workshop is to gain a better understanding of how and to what extent:
- exclusionary social interactions shape the philosophical discipline.
- explicit (e.g., thematic or methodological) biases play a role in philosophy.
- implicit (e.g., thematic or methodological) biases play a role in philosophy.
- different social groups are affected by the identified exclusionary factors.
- the current environment of academic philosophy can be improved.
- Liam Kofi Bright (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Kristie Dotson (Michigan State University)
- Kieran Healy (Duke University)
- Katharine Jenkins (University of Nottingham)
Deadline for submission of an abstract (max. 500 words) is 20 January 2017.
Notification of acceptance: 1 February 2017
Please send your abstract prepared for blind review as an e-mail attachment (.doc, .docx or .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the conference please contact the organizers:
Anna Leuschner (email@example.com) or David Ludwig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?