Philosophical Issues in Belief Revision, Conditional Logic and Possible World Semantics
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The aim of the workshop is to bring together philosophers (related to the GAP, but not limited to it), who work in the area of belief revision, conditional logic and possible worlds semantics. The workshop shall serve as a platform for the exchange of ideas from these related areas.
Workshop language: English
September 21, 2012
- 9.15-9.20 Welcome
- 9.20-10.15 Igor Douven (Groningen) Scope Ambiguities and Conditionals
- 10.25-11.20 Franz Huber (Toronto) What Should I Believe About What Would Have Been the Case?
- 11.30-12.25 Matthias Unterhuber (Duesseldorf) Belief Revision from a Conditional Logic Perspective
- 13.30-14.25 Hannes Leitgeb (Munich) Conditional Probability vs. Conditional Belief
- 14.35-15.30 Manfred Kupffer (Frankfurt) Properties of Fat Men - Quantified Modal Logic without Possible Individuals
- 15.50-16.45 Holger Andreas (LMU Munich) Paraconsistent Concept Formation in a Belief Revision Framework
- 16.55-17.50 Gerhard Schurz (Duesseldorf) Reward and Risk in Reasoning with Uncertain Conditionals
September 22, 2012
- 8.30-9.25 Heinrich Wansing (Bochum) Varieties of Implication
- 9.35-10.30 André Fuhrmann (Frankfurt) Knowledge of Possibilities
- 10.50-11.45 Sonja Smets (Univ. Amsterdam) Evidence-Based Belief Revision, a Logical Analysis
- 11.55-12.50 Hans Rott (Regensburg) Two Concepts of Plausibility in Default Reasoning
- 12.50-12.55 Farewell
Guests are welcome!
We ask persons interested in attending the workshop to register by email, by contacting Matthias Unterhuber at [email protected] We also recommmend to book rooms early for the workshop, since during the time of the workshop there will be a second large conference.
The workshop is funded/supported by the chair of theoretical philosophy at the university of Duesseldorf (Gerhard Schurz).
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Matthias Unterhuber by email to [email protected]
September 21, 2012, 11:00am CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?