Ethics and Policy at the British Society for Population Studies Annual Conference 2017
- British Society for Population Studies
- General Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Philosophy of Probability
- Philosophy of Social Science
- Philosophy of Science, Miscellaneous
- Applied Ethics
- Normative Ethics
- Philosophy of Gender, Race, and Sexuality
- Philosophy of Law
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Value Theory, Miscellaneous
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
This is a unique opportunity for philosophers to present to, learn from and discuss with demographers and other social scientists at one of the largest conferences on population studies in Europe.
The workshop will cover three themes across a number of sessions:
1) The philosophy of population studies - including research ethics and data ethics, issues in the philosophy of social science of relevance to demography and related disciplines and the use of demographic classifications, such as race, gender, sexuality and religion, within a social science context.
2) The ethics of contemporary population policies - including family policy, migration policy, urbanisation, population health and ageing.
3) Population Ethics - including theoretical and applied issues relating to population size, quality of life, equality, human reproduction and the environment.
The aim of this workshop will be to open new lines of conversation between philosophers, social scientists and government employees across these important contemporary issues.
August 31, 2017, 5:00am BST