CFP: Ethics and Policy at the British Society for Population Studies Annual Conference 2017
Submission deadline: April 24, 2017
September 6, 2017 - September 8, 2017
University of Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
- General Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Philosophy of Probability
- Philosophy of Social Science
- Philosophy of Science, Miscellaneous
- Applied Ethics
- Normative Ethics
- Philosophy of Gender, Race, and Sexuality
- Philosophy of Law
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Value Theory, Miscellaneous
Contributions are sought from philosophers, political theorists and others to take part in a unique workshop where scholars with an interest in ethical and philosophical issues relating to population and demography will be able to present to, learn from and discuss with demographers and other social scientists at one of the largest conferences on population studies in Europe.
The workshop will cover three themes across a number of sessions:
1) The philosophy of population studies - including research ethics and data ethics, issues in the philosophy of social science of relevance to demography and related disciplines and the use of demographic classifications, such as race, gender, sexuality and religion, within a social science context.
2) The ethics of contemporary population policies - including family policy, migration policy, urbanisation, population health and ageing.
3) Population Ethics - including theoretical and applied issues relating to population size, quality of life, equality, human reproduction and the environment.
We are soliciting papers from a range of disciplines with an interest in these issues and will give preference to papers that are able to start new discussions and break through disciplinary boundaries. The exact structure and makeup of the workshop and its component sessions will be determined by the quality and nature of papers received. However, we will aim to offer sessions on as broad a range of subjects as possible.
Papers are to be submitted through the following form by April 24th at the latest https://lsewebsite.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/bsps-conference-2017-online-submission-form-2
For more information on the BSPS annual conference please go to http://www.lse.ac.uk/socialPolicy/Researchcentresandgroups/BSPS/annualConference/Home.aspx
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com