Society for Philosophy of Emotion Online Reading Group on Embodied Cognition
June 14, 2018
Society for Philosophy of Emotion
This will be an accessible event, including organized related activities
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The SPE will begin a reading group on the topic of embodied cognition on June 15, 2018. We will read all or some of the following books, in the following order, starting with The Embodied Mind: Cognitive Science and Human Experience.
- Francisco J. Varela, Evan Thompson, and Eleanor Rosch’s, The Embodied Mind: Cognitive Science and Human Experience, Revised Edition (1991, revised 2016)
- Anthony Chemero’s Radical Embodied Cognitive Science (2009)
- Lawrence Shapiro’s Embodied Cognition (2010)
- Lawrence Shapiro’s The Routledge Handbook of Embodied Cognition (2014)
- Giovanna Colombetti’s The Feeling Body: Affective Science Meets Enactive Mind (2014)
- Andy Clark’s Surfing Uncertainty (2016)
- Shaun Gallagher’s Enactivist Interventions: Rethinking the Mind (2017)
If you are interested in participating in the reading group, you must first become an SPE member. Please follow this link for more information about the SPE, becoming a member, and the reading group: http://shoutout.wix.com/so/bM7Jiz40#/main
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?