Dualism in the Twenty-First Century, Budapest (Live Stream)
- Humane Philosophy Project
- Ian Ramsey Centre for Science and Religion
- John Templeton Foundation
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University
- Central European University
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Ruhr University Bochum
- History of Western Philosophy
- Philosophy of Action
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophical Traditions
- General Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Philosophy of Computing and Information
- Philosophy of Physical Science
- Philosophy of Probability
- Philosophy of Social Science
- Philosophy of Science, Miscellaneous
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Registration for this event is now closed however all sessions will be streamed live under this address: https://videosquare.ceu.edu/en/live/details/328,Dualism_in_the_Twenty-First_Century
Talks will begin at times indicated on the attached shedule given in CET.
Event Outline: Mind-body dualism underwent a renaissance in the last part of the twentieth century. Several arguments challenged the capacity of physicalism to accommodate mental phenomena, especially conscious experience. Dualism was widely considered the leading alternative. Since then, sophisticated responses to arguments against physicalism have been developed, and nonphysicalist views other than dualism, including idealism and Russellian monism have received renewed interest. This conference will examine the prospects for dualism in the twenty-first century in light of the latest research, including the arguments for and against dualism; the relative merits of dualism, and other nonphysicalist positions in the metaphysics of mind; and the relationship between dualism and wider issues in philosophy.
Date: 6th December 2018 (circa 4:30pm) – 8th December 2018 (evening)
Location: Budapest, Hungary (multiple venues)
Benedikt Paul Göcke
Hedda Hassel Mørch
Short Paper Speakers
Alin Christoph Cucu
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?