"The Explanatory Power of Predictive Processing and Its Limits." Special Session on Predictive Processing
Via Panorâmica s/n (TORRE B)
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The main goal of this symposium is to discuss the development and explanatory possibilities of the predictive processing framework for understanding cognition and the mind. The list of suggested topics to explore during presentations includes (but is not limited to):
- Predictive processing, explanatory pluralism, and the unity of cognitive science
- Predictive processing and the possibility of personal-level explanations
- The representational/anti-representational approach to predictive processing
- Bayesian predictive mind and its normative implications
- Predictive processing and 4E cognitive science
- The social dimension of predictive processing
- The mechanistic implementation of predictive processing
- Predictive processing and the free-energy principle
Mind, Language and Action Group / Institute of Philosophy / Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Porto (Local organizer)
The Institute of Philosophy and Sociology / Polish Academy of Sciences (Co-organizer)
Institute of Philosophy / Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University (Co-organizer)
Avant Project / Centre for Philosophical Research (Main organizer of the conference series)
Sofia Miguens (University of Porto) – Chair of the Organizing Committee, Marcin Miłkowski (Polish Academy of Sciences) – Chair of the Organizing Committee of the Conference Series, Krystyna Bielecka (University of Warsaw), Anna Ciaunica (University of Porto), Luca Corti (University of Porto), Aleksandra Derra (Nicolaus Copernicus University), Klara Łucznik (University of Plymouth), Przemysław Nowakowski (Polish Academy of Sciences), Michał Piekarski (Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University), Filip Stawski (Avant Project), Manela Teles (University of Porto), Georg Theiner (Villanova University) , Marcin Trybulec (Maria Curie-Sklodowska University), Witold Wachowski (Polish Academy of Sciences) – Conference Coordinator
June 20, 2019, 7:45pm +01:00
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?