CFP - extended deadline: Second HUJI Conference in Philosophy
Submission deadline: March 18, 2013
June 30, 2013 - July 1, 2013
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind
- General Philosophy of Science
- Logic and Philosophy of Logic
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Philosophy of Mathematics
- Philosophy of Physical Science
- Philosophy of Probability
- Philosophy of Science, Miscellaneous
- Social and Political Philosophy
Second HUJI Graduate Conference in Philosophy (June 30 – July 1, 2013)
Call for Abstracts
Extended deadline: March 18
We announce the second graduate conference in philosophy at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Submissions are invited from PhD students or those who completed their PhD in the past year in core areas of philosophy in the analytic tradition. Areas include: Philosophy of Language, Philosophy in Linguistics, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science, Epistemology, Metaphysics, Philosophy of Mathematics, and Ethics (broadly construed).
- Jason Stanley (Rutgers University)
- Ruth Weintraub (Tel Aviv University)
The official language of the conference will be English. Submissions are limited to one paper per applicant. Talks will be followed by comments by faculty members. The authors of all accepted abstracts will be expected to provide their papers (approximately 4000 words) by May 16.
Submissions should be suitable for blind refereeing and consist of:
- An extended abstract of no more than 1000 words.
- A separate cover sheet including name, title of paper, affiliation, field specification (e.g. philosophy of mind, epistemology, etc.) and contact details.
- Submissions should be in .doc, .docx, .rtf or .pdf format.
Submissions should be sent by email to [email protected]
- Deadline for abstract submission is 18.3 (March 18) – extended deadline.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 1.4 (April 1)
- Deadline for submission of full paper is 16.5 (May 16)
- Conference: 30.6-1.7 (June 30 – July 1)
Partial assistance for travel expenses is available.
The conference is generously funded by Hebrew University Academic Space project and Limud Bechavruta project.
For further information, please contact the conference organizers at [email protected]
Or see https://sites.google.com/site/hujigrad2013/ (for last year's conference's website see https://sites.google.com/site/hujigrad2012/)