Philosophical Problems of IT and Cyberspace
Kalinina str., 9
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The major scientific sectors and themes suggested for the conference:
I. Fundamental problems of information and communication systems (philosophical aspect):
- Philosophy of mathematics and artificial intelligence.
- New logical means of intellectual systems.
- Intellect, brain activity and programs: informational models of consciousness.
- Programmer’s world view and the essence of programming: new philosophy or a socio-economic order.
- The problems of computability of language processes and artificial intelligence.
- Specificity of Internet communication.
- Information and time.
- Information and sense.
- Algorithmization of the processes of thought.
- New forms of character relations in the cyberspace.
- Base of Web-semiotics.
- The philosophy of science and technology of instantaneous access.
- Citation index and plagiarism: sad love story.
- Ontological dimension of sense in the cyberspace.
- Methods of sense formalization in Web-semantics.
- Cyber-reality and formalization of processes of cognition.
- The instruments of cognition of semiotic virtual reality.
- Resources of codification and sense formalization in the modern intellectual systems.
II. Freedom in the modern media-content:
- Technologies’ and humanities’ roles in the manipulating of consciousness in the cyberspace.
- Existential issues of cyber-subject.
- Religion, faith and cyberspace.
- Freedom of conscience and subconsciousness chaos.
- Digital world: freedom or addiction?
- Post-modernism in the technological dimension.
- Life on a flash-card: digital graves and right for oblivion.
- Philosophy and values of modern information culture.
- The problem of sacral in media-reality.
- Media consumption. Media subject. Communicant.
- Publicity as the overvalue.
- Interaction of social network services with social political institutions.
- Philosophy of informational society: new look on the role and the place of social relations regulators.
- New philosophy of the rights and freedom of creative works. Intellectual property in the cyberspace.
III. Network security of the information society:
- Image of “Matrix” in the everyday life.
- Revolution of machines (myth or reality). Cyber-eschatology.
- Cyber-aesthetics in modern subcultures (animation, cyberpunks, post-apocalypse).
- Image of cyber wars: hackers, cybersquaters, lummers, system administrators.
- Aggressive content: ethics, business, state management and social control system.
- State institutes and their network realization.
- Sects’ popularization in the network.
- The problem of delinquency on the Internet.
- Technological and humanist ways of struggle against network delinquency.
- Analysis of blogosphere’s “behavior”.
- Visual ecology.
- The phenomenon of media-violence.
Conference active languages: Russian, English.
We invite You to take part in discussions upon the conference issues on Facebook!
April 5, 2012, 7:00am MSK
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?