CFP: Perspectives on content (ICSO V)
Submission deadline: March 1, 2019
May 29, 2019 - May 31, 2019
Sociedad Argentina de Análisis Filosófico SADAF
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Buenos Aires Linguistics and Philosophy of Language Group (BA-LingPhil) and the Argentinian Society for Analytic Philosophy invite researchers and scholars in Philosophy of Language, Linguistics, Logic and Philosophy of Mind to submit a paper for the workshop on Perspectives on content to be held in Buenos Aires in May 29-31, 2019.
The notion of content is central to philosophy of language, formal semantics, linguistics, philosophy of mind, and logic, and thus provides for an interesting interface between these disciplines. In recent years, these fields have witnessed an increased interest in several debates concerning the notion of content, including, but not limited to:
• Truth-conditional (at issue) and non-truth-conditional (non-at issue) content
• Factual, evaluative, normative and expressive content
• Structured and unstructured propositions
• Intensional and hyperintensional notions of content
• Aboutness and subject matter
The BA-LingPhil group welcomes contributions on these, and other, topics regarding this central notion.
• Stefano Predelli (University of Nottingham)
• Mark Richard (Harvard University)
Submissions should include two files, to be sent to email@example.com:
1. one containing a title and a 750-word abstract of the paper for assessment
2. the other containing title of the paper, author’s name, institutional affiliation and e-mail.
Submissions will be blind refereed by a scientific committee.
Deadline for reception of submissions: March 1st, 2019
Communication of acceptance/rejection: March 15, 2019
Language of the workshop: English
Organizing Committee: Eduarda Calado, Ramiro Caso, Sofía Checchi, Eduardo García Ramírez, Federico Jaimes, Nicolás Lo Guercio, Eleonora Orlando, Andrés Saab, Matías Verdecchia.
For further information, you may check the ICSO workshops website:
Or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.