CFP: Anselm of Canterbury: Nature, Order and the Divine
Submission deadline: May 1, 2019
July 9, 2019 - July 11, 2019
Durham, United Kingdom
- Medieval and Renaissance Philosophy
- History of Western Philosophy, Miscellaneous
- Philosophy of Action
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Religion
- M&E, Miscellaneous
- European Philosophy
- Philosophical Traditions, Miscellaneous
- Logic and Philosophy of Logic
A conference under the aegis of the International Association for Anselm Studies and in partnership with the Durham University Centre for Catholic Studies, to be held 9th-11th July 2019 at St Chad’s College, Durham University and at Ushaw College, UK.
- On the themes of Nature, Order and the Divine in Anselm’s writing.
- These themes in the writing of Anselm’s contemporaries.
- These themes in the writing of Anselm’s predecessors with obvious connection to their later usage in Anselmian contexts.
- Wider application of these themes in architecture, art-history and archaeological contexts.
- We are also keen, alongside the main theme for the conference, to encourage proposals for papers relating to vibrant and engaging research on all aspects of the life, thought, and legacy of Anselm.
Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to Professor Giles Gasper at email@example.com. Decisions on paper acceptance will be made by a committee from the IAAS and on a rolling basis. The final deadline for paper submission will be 1st May 2019. All inquiries should be directed in the first instance to Professor Gasper.