CFP: St. Louis Annual Conference on Reasons and Rationality (SLACRR 4)
Submission deadline: December 31, 2012
May 19, 2013 - May 21, 2013
University of Missouri St. Louis
Saint Louis, United States
St. Louis Annual Conference on Reasons and Rationality provides a forum for new work on practical and theoretical reason, broadly construed.
Please submit an abstract of 750-1500 words by December 31, 2012 to [email protected]. In writing your abstract, please bear in mind that full papers should suitable for a 30 minute presentation.What to Submit
SLACRR includes papers in ethics, epistemology, and other areas of philosophy that deal with reasons, reasoning, or rationality. For instance, we would be interested in papers exploring such questions as:
- What is the relation between reasons for actions and reasons for beliefs?
- What are the sources of our reasons for belief?
- How are features of one's psychology relevant to reasons?
- What is the relation between reasons and what we ought to do or believe?
- What is the relation between reasons and value?
- Are the requirements of practical and theoretical rationality normative?
- What is the relation between individual rationality and collective rationality?