CFP: Culture and Dialogue 2019 issue: "Culture, War and Sovereignty”
Submission deadline: August 15, 2019
Culture and Dialogue is an international peer reviewed print and electronic journal of cross-cultural philosophy and humanities. The Journal provides a forum for researchers from philosophy as well as other disciplines who study cultural formations dialogically, through comparative analysis, or within the tradition of hermeneutics. For each issue, Culture and Dialogue seeks to bring manuscripts together with a common denominator.
The next 2019 issue (Volume 7, Number 2) will focus on the theme of Culture, War and Sovereignty.
“Culture, War and Sovereignty” can encompass a great many specifically philosophical themes and issues, and some ideas involving dialogical relationships include:
• Comparative philosophy of conflict resolution and reconciliation, which may analyse one or more particular non-Western perspectives and how they can engage the relevant fields of Western philosophy.
• Philosophical reflection on the range of approaches to war and sovereignty (analytic, interpretive, Western, Eastern etc.)
• Inquiry into the cultural dimension of conflicts.
• The role and significance of dialogue in conflict resolution and reconciliation.
• The nature of and justification for sovereignty claims across cultures.
• The essence of war and the question of sovereignty from interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary perspectives.
We welcome essays that address any of these issues from different cultural perspectives or philosophical traditions.
Submissions to: email@example.com
Notes for Authors: www.culture-dialogue.net/notes-for-authors
Deadline: Open until selection standards are met
More about the Journal:
Honorary Member: Tzvetan Todorov 1939-2017
Editor in Chief: Gerald Cipriani National University of Ireland, Galway
Associate Editor: Martin Ovens University of Oxford (UK)
Assistant Editor: Loni Reynolds University of Roehampton (UK)
Manuscript Editor Erika Mandarino Tulane University (USA)
Book Review Editor: Robert Clarke Lancaster University (UK)